This originally appeared on Andres Rodriguez’ blog
New Features & Improvements
MAAS 2.3 beta overhauls and improves the visibility of hardware test results and information. This includes various changes across MAAS:
- Machine Listing page
- Surface progress and failures of hardware tests, actively showing when a test is pending, running, successful or failed.
- Machine Details page
- Summary tab – Provide hardware testing information about the different components (CPU, Memory, Storage)
- Hardware Tests tab – Completely re-design of the Hardware Test tab. It now shows a list of test results per component. Adds the ability to view more details about the test itself.
- Storage tab – Ability to view tests results per storage component.
Machines, Devices, Controllers
MAAS 2.3 beta 1 introduces a new design for the node summary pages:
- “Summary tab” now only shows information of the machine, in a complete new design.
- “Settings tab” has been introduced. It now includes the ability to edit such node.
- “Logs tab” now consolidates the commissioning output and the installation log output.
Other UI improvements
Other UI improvements that have been made for MAAS 2.3 beta 1 includes:
- Add DHCP status column on the ‘Subnet’s tab.
- Add architecture filters
- Update VLAN and Space details page to no longer allow inline editing.
- Update VLAN page to include the IP ranges tables.
- Convert the Zones page into AngularJS (away from YUI).
- Add warnings when changing a Subnet’s mode (Unmanaged or Managed).
Rack Controller Deployment
MAAS beta 1 now adds the ability to deploy any machine with the rack controller, which is only available via the API.
MAAS 2.3 beta 1 introduces API output for volume_groups, raids, cache_sets, and bcaches field to the machines endpoint.
The following are a list of known UI issues affecting hardware testing:
Issues fixed in this release
- #1711320 [2.3, UI] Can’t ‘Save changes’ and ‘Cancel’ on machine/device details page
- #1696270 [2.3] Toggling Subnet from Managed to Unmanaged doesn’t warn the user that behavior changes
- #1717287 maas-enlist doesn’t work when provided with serverurl with IPv6 address
- #1718209 PXE configuration for dhcpv6 is wrong
- #1718270 [2.3] MAAS improperly determines the version of some installs
- #1718686 [2.3, master] Machine lists shows green checks on components even when no tests have been run
- #1507712 cli: maas logout causes KeyError for other profiles
- #1684085 [2.x, Accessibility] Inconsistent save states for fabric/subnet/vlan/space editing
- #1718294 [packaging] dpkg-reconfigure for region controller refers to an incorrect network topology assumption