Made to give you
peace of mind
- SLA-backed support with optional screen sharing
- 10 years of security maintenance
- Hybrid and multi-cloud ready
Run PostgreSQL on your favourite stack and across clouds
A hyper-automated PostgreSQLmade for high availability
Thanks to our software operator for PostgreSQL, your deployments will be:
- Highly available with built-in replication and automatic failover.
- Reliable with expert-crafted and self healing state-machine automation.
- Upgraded automatically during your maintenance windows and with minimum downtime.
- Disaster recovery ready with built-in backup and restore capabilities to ensure business continuity.
- Hybrid and multi-cloud ready — Our automation supports deployment within and across private and public clouds.
- Shipped with a holistic observability and alerting solution based on Prometheus, Loki and Grafana and Loki to monitor all of your database fleets.
What can you achievewith PostgreSQL?
PostgreSQL is one of the most popular databases. Its popularity is rooted in its sound architectural foundations that make it a good fit for several use cases:
Web and mobile applications
PostgreSQL is a solid choice for e-commerce and content sharing platforms.
Data warehousing and Business Intelligence applications
PostgreSQL is famous for its excellent support of the SQL standard. It also supports a large panel of index types and can nicely integrate with other data stores (using foreign wrappers) making it an excellent choice for running analytical queries without the need to duplicate your data.
Applications managing geospatial data
The PostGis extension of PostgreSQL is an excellent choice to support use cases managing spatial data.
FinOps and banking
PostgreSQL provides the transactional ACID guarantees and the mature replication capabilities that finance systems need. The pgAudit extension can also complement PostgreSQL with the auditing capabilities that regulated industries require.
Text search use cases
PostgreSQL offers a variety of index structures (e.g. GIN and GIST) to perform advanced full text search operations on your data without the need for duplicating it or compromising on its consistency.
Hardened and supported software packages
We provide 10 years maintenance for our PostgreSQL related artefacts in the format of your choice:
- Deb packages for seamless integration with your Ubuntu installations.
- Snaps for added confinement and atomic updates.
- OCI-compliant images for your containerised environments.
You can also get 24/7 support with optional screen sharing for all your PostgreSQL deployments.Purchase your subscription
How it works
The diagram below depicts a high level overview on the components we use:
Key architecture insights:
- We use Patroni to manage the high availability of PostgreSQL.
- We use PgBouncer to provide connection pooling and transparent failovers for the connected applications.
- We expose two endpoints. One for read and write operations on the primary, and another one to scale reads on the replicas.
- We can backup our deployments to any S3 compatible storage solution.
- We provide a full monitoring and alerting solution based on Prometheus, Loki and Grafana.
We manage your PostgreSQL deployments in the cloud of your choice. We can build a private cloud, adapt to your existing one or use public cloud infrastructure.
We take care of automatically deploying, hardening, patching, optimising and upgrading your PostgreSQL databases using our open source operators.
Unlock the potential of your data with Canonical's advisory services. We can:
- Design and architect tailored solutions for your specific use cases.
- Deliver Proof of Concepts (PoC) to implement your ideas and de-risk your projects.
- Train your staff on Canonical's solutions for PostgreSQL.
PostgreSQL related resources
Best practices to migrate your data to the cloud.
Improve your security posture with a backup strategy.
From our blog
Set up Charmed PostgreSQL by following a set of commands.
Avoid downtime with these proven best practices.
Learn about the drivers and challenges in open source database adoption.