More updates and improvements! Our latest OTA-12 has just landed and we’re excited that you can now wirelessly connect your M10 tablet to a monitor! This gives users the full Ubuntu PC experience running from your tablet. All the services running from your tablet are now available on the desktop through just a wireless dongle and no cables – giving you the full Ubuntu convergence experience – if you missed the above, check out the magic moment in the short video.
Plus! You can now install any Ubuntu conventional desktop app to use on your Ubuntu phone or tablet when a mouse and keyboard are connected. We have introduced a smart new solution to allow access to the many more desktop applications residing in the Ubuntu archive. Conventional Debian packages will also work. This solution uses the Command Line Interface to access the archive however using the Store interface to directly install a full range of desktop apps will soon be available. For an in-depth technical explanation of this process, please read this article.
Check out the key performance improvements to the Ubuntu phone and M10 tablet below:
- Fingerprint reader setup and unlock for Pro 5
- Desktop Apps scope
- M10 Wireless display (tech preview)
- OSK for X apps (allows desktop apps to be used with an On Screen Keyboard)
- Window management (touch friendly controls for windows)
- Post photo and video from previews
- Video consumption from scopes
- Webbrowser (continuing the improve the browser is an ongoing and important focus for us) particularly Zoom
- Color emojis
- Cellular data toggle in settings and indicator
To learn more about all the updates, click here.