This is an exciting opportunity for a software engineer passionate about open source software, Linux, Python and Kubernetes. Come build a rewarding, meaningful career working with the best and brightest people in technology at Canonical, the growing international software company behind Ubuntu.
As a member of the Kubernetes product team you will develop operators for deploying and managing Kubernetes with a model-driven, pluggable approach. You will bring Kubernetes to a wide range of use cases across public, private, and hybrid clouds. The Charmed Kubernetes Software Engineer is a Python developer with a passion for providing the best Kubernetes experience for any use case.
On the Kubernetes team you will gain experience with the latest features in Kubernetes and various plugins and extensions necessary for real world use. Canonical is a technology agnostic cloud leader, incorporating leading solutions to address networking, storage, backup, and more. You’ll be helping select and deliver the right combination of features for enterprise grade Kubernetes.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate proactively with a distributed team
- Write high quality code to create new features
- Debug issues and interact with a vibrant community
- Work with helpful and talented engineers including experts in many fields
- Discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions
- Work from home with global travel 2 to 4 weeks for internal and external events
Who you are
- You love technology and working with brilliant people
- You have a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
- You have interest and experience with Kubernetes
- You are a python programmer with interest or experience in golang
Canonical is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better platform for our users and customers. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of the world of Ubuntu.