Meet Canonical at MWC Las Vegas 2022
Tags: MWC , Telecommunications
Join Canonical, the company behind Ubuntu, at MWC Las Vegas to discuss open source innovation in telecommunications.
What to expect
You can meet with the Canonical telecom team on-site at the US event and pick our technical experts’ brains about your particular telco use case.
Telecommunications is a key area of Canonical’s focus, and we are fully committed to providing a best-in-class experience of using open source software to enable mobile operators, network function developers and network equipment providers to scale and innovate efficiently.
OpenRAN and CBRS is going to be the main story this year, and Ubuntu is a key component in such solutions with:
- Real Time Kernel availability for workloads that require it like FEC
- Ubuntu 22.04 support for Intel FlexRAN SDK
- Ubuntu as an OS behind NVIDIA Aerial
- MAAS to set-up and operate distributed compute pools
- Kubernetes distributions – MicroK8s and Charmed Kuberenetess tuned for telco workloads
The next big focus-area is hybrid-cloud multi-cloud setups. With Canonical providing automation you can build and manage complex software across multiple substrates. Deploy network functions and get the same automation, observability and security on:
- Bare metal with MAAS
- Machine containers with LXD
- Up-stream Kubernetes with MicroK8s and CharmedK8s
- AWS, Azure and GCP and their respective CaaS platforms
Scale and complexity brings similar challenges, big or small. Hybrid cloud, public cloud, on-prem, whether you have a large datacenter alone or a highly distributed infrastructure; open source technology building blocks provide a unified approach to enabling service providers to meet any current or future use-cases, from OpenRAN, next generation Core (5G and beyond) or AI at the edge.
Join us and meet:
Arno Van Huyssteen, CTO – Global Service Provider at Canonical
Maciej Mazur, Product Strategy Manager for Telecommunication