In our next video, watch Marco Ceppi, a prolific Juju Charmer, deliver a follow-up to Mark Shuttleworth’s keynote. This one is entitled “Designing For Success.” This talk provides a comprehensive introduction to the pieces that make Juju magic happen. We recommend that anyone interested in writing Charms or the process of charming watch this talk as, like Juju itself, it distills best practices into a repeatable formula for success. Topics covered in this video include:
- The Basics- Juju models, executes, scales, and manages workloads and services across environments. Delve deeper into each step of this process.
- The Juju Dictionary- Charms? Services? Units? Relations? Confused yet? Get a rundown of all the key terminology used with Juju.
- Charm Structure- Get a walkthrough of all the pieces that make a Charm functional and solid. The inner workings of a Charm are a structured collection of files and directories.
- Actions- Hear the details on how Actions are are triggered by Juju..
- Configurations- Find out how Juju provides the tools to help manage configuration options over the lifetime of a service..
- Testing- Get some tips from the experts for testing your Charms
With the next Juju Charmer Summit only a couple of months away, we’ll continue to post more videos from our first Juju Charmers Summit from September. In addition, please be sure to subscribe to our brand new Juju YouTube channel for even more exciting and “charming” content. We know you’ll want to be the first to know when new videos are released!