Dell Alliance Manager
Home based - Americas, EMEA
The role of a Dell Alliance Manager at Canonical
Large OEM or Independent Hardware Vendor (IHV) brands - Dell, HPE, IBM, Lenovo, Ericsson, Cisco, Fujitsu and many more - are major partners for Canonical. These companies build software-defined solutions to capitalize on global open source mandates and associated macro trends. Canonical’s flagship product, Ubuntu, and its broader open source portfolio are key ingredients for these partners to realize their aspirations. Canonical represents the best platform for rapid open source innovation.
The Dell Alliance Manager will be a key contributing team member within the growing Dell alliances organization. This individual will assist in achieving operational excellence and global expansion for this important relationship. Reporting to the Senior Director of Global Alliances - Dell, the Dell Alliance Manager will work closely with Dell and Canonical teams in various geographies to enable Dell teams, generate and transact opportunities, drive a Canonical agenda within Dell, and achieve targeted results.
The Dell Alliance Manager is responsible to build trusted relationships with Dell, increase Canonical market share and attach rate, evangelize the partnership and drive business interactions from across persona - from engineer to CxO. They will often run customer workshops focused on particular initiatives at that customer, attend sales events, give public presentations and participate in executive engagements as coordinated by the Senior Director.
Location: This is open for EMEA or North America
What your day will look like
- Build strategic relationships and enable Dell teams on the partnership
- Build pipeline and transact opportunities through Dell
- Grow Dell’s awareness of open source capabilities on Canonical Ubuntu
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the Linux and cloud software ecosystem
- Deliver on targets, objectives and provide a voice of the partner
- Travel regularly - sometimes internationally - to drive partnerships in person
- Align and support internal canonical field teams - identify, support, grow, transact
- Expand existing footprint with Dell customers with an aim to upsell to broader portfolio
- Support and contribute to broader strategy, initiatives and key campaigns as defined by the Senior Director
What we are looking for in you
- Experience in alliance or indirect sales management roles
- Autonomous, disciplined, hands-on, get-it-done mentality
- Ability to capture customer requirements, evaluate gaps, identify and create opportunities
- Passionate about Ubuntu products and mission
- Comfortable in fast-paced and high pressure environments with measurable goals
- Experience with Linux, virtualization, containers, and other cloud technologies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Team player with superior accountability and customer support skills
- Credibility and working knowledge of Dell - its products, go-to-market motion, and field
- Experience managing cross-functional teams and track record of operational excellence
- WIllingness to travel up to 4 times a year for internal events
- Hands on experience with SalesForce.com and Google Suite a plus
What we offer you
Your base pay will depend on various factors including your geographical location, level of experience, knowledge and skills. In addition to the benefits below, certain roles are also eligible for additional benefits and rewards including annual bonuses and sales incentives based on revenue or utilisation. Our compensation philosophy is to ensure equity right across our global workforce.
In addition to a competitive base pay, we provide all team members with additional benefits, which reflect our values and ideals. Please note that additional benefits may apply depending on the work location and, for more information on these, you can ask in the later stages of the recruitment process.
- Fully remote working environment - we’ve been working remotely since 2004!
- Personal learning and development budget of 2,000USD per annum
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual holiday leave
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunity to travel to new locations to meet colleagues at ‘sprints’
- Priority Pass for travel and travel upgrades for long haul company events
Canonical is a pioneering tech firm that is at the forefront of the global move to open source. As the company that publishes Ubuntu, one of the most important open source projects and the platform for AI, IoT and the cloud, we are changing the world on a daily basis. We recruit on a global basis and set a very high standard for people joining the company. We expect excellence - in order to succeed, we need to be the best at what we do.
Canonical has been a remote-first company since its inception in 2004. Work at Canonical is a step into the future, and will challenge you to think differently, work smarter, learn new skills, and raise your game. Canonical provides a unique window into the world of 21st-century digital business.
Canonical is an equal opportunity employer
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity, we will give your application fair consideration.
Dell Alliance Manager
Home based - Americas, EMEA