Documentation is essential to our Support Engineering operation, both for customers and for our team. We are looking for a driven and effective leader and team manager for technical documentation.
The Technical Documentation Manager will own, coordinate, and drive the documentation efforts of the team. This is an opportunity to shape Canonical’s internal and external-facing documentation, and the knowledge sharing architecture and lifecycle. From analysis and planning, through publishing and maintenance, the Technical Documentation Manager will lead global initiatives to produce best-in-class documentation for our end users and internal teams.
What you’ll do
- Take ownership over all Support documentation and related processes
- Define growth and improvement KPIs, regularly report status, drive achievement
- Collaborate with other documentation leaders across the organisation
- Develop structure and workflows for technical authors and engineers
- Track and manage projects from concept through delivery and maintenance
- Ensure documentation is updated in conjunction with product changes and releases
- Develop familiarity with Canonical products, and author documentation yourself
- Create and deliver training for engineers and technical authors
- Coordinate document publication with Support Leadership
- Identify opportunities for improved processes, or gaps in current documentation
- Work with the objectives and principles in Canonical’s documentation strategy
Who you are
- You have a passion for open source software, and the impact it has on the world
- You have a background in documentation creation and management
- Experience as a technical author is required, particular experience with public or private cloud technologies is desired
- Graduate level education is desired, undergraduate degree is required
- Project management experience is desired; a PMP is a bonus
Canonical is a growing, international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu -- the world’s #1 cloud operating system. Our mission is to realize the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services help businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
- 100% work-from-home
- Learning and development
- Competitive salary
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Priority Pass for travel
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.