Combine your interests in telco and open source software development in this exciting opportunity. We aim to deliver the worlds best open source telco solutions as an integrated, secure and reliable portfolio from Canonical. Our team, working mostly in Python, are building Docker images and creating code for fully automated operations of these telco solutions.
As a member of the growing telco solution engineering team at Canonical you will bring more open source software into the telecommunications sector. You and your team develop state-of-the-art solutions to operate VNFs and CNFs on Openstack, Kubernetes and major public clouds. In this role you will work with a variety of open source projects, including Open Source MANO (OSM), Magma, TIP, Open RAN, ONF, Anuket and more.
Build a rewarding, meaningful career working with the best and brightest people in technology at Canonical, the growing international software company behind Ubuntu.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate proactively with a distributed team
- Write high quality code to implement new features
- Debug issues and produce high quality fixes
- Review code and designs from other engineers
- Discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions
- Work from home with 2 to 4 weeks global travel for internal and external events
Who you are
- You love technology and working with brilliant people
- You are curious, flexible, articulate, and accountable
- You value soft skills and are passionate, enterprising, thoughtful, and self-motivated
- You have a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
- You have a history of writing modern, maintainable Python
- You have experience in the telecommunications industry, preferably with MNOs or NEPs
- You have worked on devops
- You understand VNF and CNF concepts and have experience with OpenStack or Kubernetes
- You have experience in automating the software product lifecycle with tools like Juju, Charms, Helm, Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- You are excited about increasing the open source footprint in the telecom world
Canonical is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better platform for our users and customers. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of the world of Ubuntu.