Our goal is to help telco's embrace open source in every aspect of their operation.
You and your team will develop state-of-the-art solutions to deploy VNFs and CNFs on top of Openstack, Kubernetes and major public clouds. In this role you will work with a variety of open source projects, including Open Source MANO, Magma, TIP, Open RAN, ONF, Anuket and more.
What you’ll do
- You will build and lead a distributed team of engineers
- Your role is hiring, planning, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on development
- You will demonstrate sound engineering principles by directly contributing toward your team’s goals
- Plan and execute timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs
- Effectively set and manage expectations with other engineering teams, senior management, and external stakeholders
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with company values
- Be an active part of the leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organisation
- Work from home with global travel up to 20% for internal and external events
Who you are
- You love developing and growing people and have a track record of doing it
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development
- You want to lead, manage, coach and mentor software developers to deliver timely, high quality software
- You have experience working in an agile development environment
- You have experience in the telecommunications industry, preferably with MNOs or NEPs
- You understand VNF and CNF concepts and have experience with OpenStack or Kubernetes
- You have experience in automating the software product lifecycle with tools like Juju, Charms, Helm, Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- You are genuinely excited about increasing the open source footprint in the telecom world
As an engineering manager at Canonical your primary responsibility is to the people you support: ensuring that they are growing as engineers, doing valuable work, and generally having a great time at Canonical. As a lead for strong engineers, technical leadership and a solid background in software development is a must, so that you’re able to challenge and grow your team members. You will have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery, and work with your team on strategy and execution.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better platform for our users and customers. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of the world of Ubuntu.