Silicon Alliances Partner Manager
Home based - Worldwide
Canonical is the publisher of Ubuntu. We help businesses worldwide embrace and operate open source across public cloud, private cloud and edge.
Our Silicon Alliance Partner Managers drive joint initiatives with global semiconductor companies. Ubuntu is the platform of choice for innovation, and our goal is to bring together innovation in silicon, the operating system, and the open source stack to create compelling solutions that accelerate adoption and consumption of Ubuntu and silicon products together.
Current examples of partner initiatives include 5G network solutions for telcos, silicon based private cloud security improvements, robotics and computer vision capabilities, AI/ML acceleration, network acceleration, self-driving cars, retail technology, PC and IoT platform enablement.
The role requires a degree in engineering or science paired with a knack for business development and strategic responsibility.
- Understand and represent Canonical’s product portfolio and roadmap
- Represent offerings in public and private cloud, edge and IoT
- Identify and close opportunities of mutual interest
- Own roadmap and business development with semiconductor partners
- Ensure roadmap alignment between Canonical and silicon partners
- Identify and define solutions, reference architectures and joint offerings
- Lead go-to-market for solutions and reference architectures
- Understand joint go-to-market initiatives and support field sales and channel groups to drive business for Canonical
This role depends on insight into the global software and silicon sectors, and the strategy of global semiconductor leaders. It requires the ability to identify and develop opportunities of mutual interest to Canonical and the silicon industry. The role requires the ability to conceive of target solutions or reference architectures and deliver those to partners and channel. The successful candidate will be a proven technical leader and commercial thinker with a hands-on approach.
- Ability to represent Canonical to senior executives at a silicon company
- Ability to spearhead strategic initiatives with silicon, channel and partners
- Expert commercial thinker and influencer
- Technical or science background and supporting qualifications
- Business and commercial interests with a relevant degree
- Ability to conceptualize new business models
- Consultative selling and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to accommodate extensive international travel