Drive the next generation of open source private cloud. This role is all about:
- Leading design and implementation of next-gen bare metal Linux at scale
- Understanding best of breed Linux virtualization, containers, networking and storage
- Transforming private infrastructure for global leaders
- Defining micro clouds and edge cluster compute
If you have a passion for tech and business, deep familiarity with the open source stack from Linux to Github, and awareness of open source community practices, then you will love the product leadership team at Canonical.
This role encompasses leadership of our product plan and go-to-market for Linux virtualization, software-defined networking and storage. KVM, Ceph, OVS and related technologies enable sophisticated and large-scale compute operations. Canonical’s Ubuntu is the platform of choice for innovators building on this foundation, and we have created a dedicated role to lead our efforts in private cloud. The successful candidate will have a deep personal interest in Linux kernel, virtualisation, storage and networking, and an ability to articulate a comprehensive, integrated vision for these technologies.
The successful candidate will be multi-talented, with:
- A technical or science background and qualifications
- Insight into Linux virtualization, networking and storage technologies
- Software engineering experience
- Business and commercial interests
- Proven leadership and presentation skills
- Personal interests aligned with the field
- Awareness of Ubuntu and Canonical’s competition and opportunities
- Strong aptitude for data-driven decision-making
- Proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape
You will need to demonstrate insights into:
- KVM and QEMU, Firecracker, RustVMM
- OVS, OVN and overlay network technologies like VXLAN and Geneve
- eBPF and related kernel capabilities
- Ceph and related storage technology
This role requires an analytical storyteller with a strong sense of message. We prefer graduate professionals with software engineering management experience who want to become business executives and entrepreneurs, to define product strategy and drive engagement.
Product leadership at Canonical is data-driven and content-centric. Product performance is closely measured and this team participates in regular reviews with company leadership. You will join a growing team and help shape the message across our suite of products. You will create effective content to engage sophisticated technical and commercial audiences, and work closely with marketing, media, engineering, sales, research, consulting, and training teams. You will also be accountable for product go-to-market execution, marketing collateral, case studies, training, and blog posts. You will be expected to deliver measurable lead-gen and awareness.