Telco NFV, TIP and OpenRAN - Product Manager
Home based - EMEA
An exceptional opportunity for a competitive technology leader with experience in telco networking and services. This role is about:
- Telco NFV offerings for VIM and MANO
- Telecom Infra Project (TIP) solutions like Magma and OpenRAN
- Open Networking Foundation offerings related to the telco sector
- Edge and MEC offerings from Canonical
If you have a passion for tech and business, an appreciation for open source, and good communication skills, then you will enjoy a product leadership role at Canonical.
Telco NFV has led to widespread adoption of open source in the sector. Ubuntu is very widely deployed, and we continue to enable customer adoption of open source for network services. From 5G to MEC, from software-defined radios to cloud VRAN, from MANO to Magma, open source plays a role in modern telco strategy. Canonical have created a product leadership role for telco and related technologies at the company.
The successful candidate will be multi-talented, with:
- Extensive experience with telco technology
- A technical or science background and qualifications
- Software engineering experience
- Business and commercial interests
- Proven leadership and presentation skills
- Personal interests aligned with the field
- Awareness of Ubuntu and Canonical’s competition and opportunities
- Strong aptitude for data-driven decision-making
- Proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape
This role requires an analytical storyteller with a strong sense of message. We prefer graduate professionals with software engineering management experience who want to become business executives and entrepreneurs, to define product strategy and drive engagement.
Product leadership at Canonical is data-driven and content-centric. Product performance is closely measured and this team participates in regular reviews with company leadership. You will join a growing team and help shape the message across our suite of products, with a particular focus on telco network technologies and network equipment providers. You will create effective content to engage sophisticated technical and commercial audiences, and work closely with marketing, media, engineering, sales, research, consulting, and training teams.
You will also be accountable for product go-to-market execution, marketing collateral, case studies, training, and blog posts. You will be expected to deliver measurable lead-gen and awareness.