What is Canonical
Canonical is the global open source solutions provider and the publisher of Ubuntu. Since 2004 Canonical has led the way in providing free open source software solutions has created, putting innovation in the hands of everyone. Our portfolio of solutions are designed to support enterprises to innovate from the data centre to the edge; leading the way in cloud infrastructure, advanced robotics, enabling AI, blockchain, autonomous cars and smart things. We are proud to support the critical infrastructure and operations for thousands of businesses and millions of Ubuntu users around the world including AT&T, Bloomberg, Netflix, Paypal, Sky, Slack, Spotify and Tmobile.
We seek to have a positive impact on the global IT community and support new and innovative development for the companies we work with and the communities in which we work. As a truly global company with more than 800 employees in over 39 countries, and 10 offices we offer a collaborative and open work environment where people are valued for their unique talents and empowered to do their jobs well.
The marketing team at Canonical drives commercial outcomes for the company across its portfolio of products and grows the addressable market through digital marketing campaigns, lifecycle management, events, partnerships and community development. If these things are important to you and you're driven by driving growth, delighting customers and filling the sales funnel, we want to talk with you.
Canonical is looking for an Americas marketing lead who will be responsible for our demand generation activities across the Americas. This is a hands-on, multi-disciplinary and dynamic position, requiring close collaboration with the local Sales Teams, the Partner & Alliances Team, Product Team as well as other Marketing functions.
The ideal candidate is passionate about technology, technology marketing and the use of technology in marketing. They prefer to work in an environment that emphasises ownership of campaigns, collaboration, learning, curiosity and a drive to continually improve oneself / the team / the organisation. They love to problem solve, get hands-on, experiment, measure and use automation to make daily life easier.
As the Americas marketing lead you will:
- Lead a team of regional marketing managers
- Be responsible for go-to-market planning and execution
- Plan, implement, measure and improve campaigns: launches, lead generation, sales generation, awareness...
- Put systems in place, monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing activities
- Be confident building, launching and reporting on campaigns using Salesforce, Tableau, Adobe or Marketo
- Organise events and webinars
- Work on paid and social media promotional campaigns
- Drive brand awareness through PR / AR coordination
- Collaborate proactively as part of a globally distributed team.
The successful partner marketing lead will have:
- 5+ years experience in B2B marketing
- Experience in enterprise software, SaaS or silicon preferred
- Strong customer/partner relationship management skills.
- Proven analytical skills, able to assess opportunities and make decisions on ROI/advantages of programs & investments.
- Track record of delivering strong results and innovation.
- Growth mindset - someone who is not afraid to think big and take on risk.
- Willingness to roll up their sleeves.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work and thrive in a self-starter, fast-paced and changing environment
- Loves diverse work assignments and enjoys the opportunity to try new approaches and overcome challenges.
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better platform for our users and customers. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of the world of Ubuntu.