The Global Account Manager (GAM) deepens the Canonical engagement with large multinational customers. The goal for our global account managers is to ensure that their clients consider Canonical for Hybrid Cloud initiatives and projects. We aim to build a significant partnership with the client, both at the executive level and with DevOps and Infrastructure teams. We are hiring GAMs for Financial Services, Tech, Automotive, Manufacturing, Pharma and other verticals.
The GAM takes a leadership approach to selling, engagement strategy, finding and closing opportunities. They are able to think outside the box and can quickly gain trusted advisor status, representing Canonical’s unique value proposition and brand with the customer.
The successful candidate will have relevant experience and can show examples of building trust with their client. They will demonstrate the ability to form a relationship with that client at all levels of the organisation. They will show public references from previous partnerships with their customer.
The candidate will be responsible for worldwide account management including the creation and execution of a strategic account plan, meeting and exceeding quota, the ability to build a large account team and prioritize engineering to service the growth of their client.
A successful GAM:
- Earns trust with their client to land and grow projects that drive revenue and build strong partnership
- Takes ownership of the customer requirements and works well across teams to drive successful outcomes for their customer
- Understands the Hybrid, Edge, Private and Public Cloud market
- Understands the legacy and open source infrastructure stack
- Has experience working with Global customers to drive successful technology projects internationally
- Delivers customer education programs driving awareness and building competence
- Provides leadership for the customer and for large virtual teams
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in English and German
What Canonical offers:
- Learning and development
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Priority Pass for travel
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.