Canonical is seeking an accounting clerk to ensure the accuracy of the A/P ledgers, process supplier invoices in a timely and accurate manner, prepare supplier payments, deal with queries effectively and efficiently, and maintain compliance with processes and procedures. This is an entry-level role with ample opportunity to advance within our finance organization for hard-working individuals, as well as support for continuing education and the pursuit of certifications.
This role is office-based out of London, and will report to our Global Controller.
- Accuracy of the A/P ledgers
- Manage vendor data (names, addresses, etc.), validate and get approval for new accounts, and maintain audit record of vendor data changes and approvals
- Processing of supplier invoices in a timely and accurate manner, including entry of invoices into accounting systems and maintenance of files in a tidy and organised manner
- Preparation of supplier payments in line with the payments timetable and presented for approval in a clear and organised format
- Identified payments properly withheld, monitored and released when approval given
- Help with month end processes: prepayments, accruals, bank reconciliations and balance sheet reconciliations
- Resolve questions/issues in an organised and controlled manner, escalating when appropriate in a timely manner
- Maintain compliance with processes and procedures, recommend corrective action when identified and maintain suitable records to demonstrate compliance
Valued skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Organised, disciplined and focused on accuracy and meeting deadlines
- Confident communication skills
- Good spreadsheet skills or professional accounting experience
- Prior experience using any major accounting system a plus
What Canonical offers:
- Personal learning and development budget
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Priority Pass for travel
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, the world’s best free software platform. Our services help businesses worldwide reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.