Canonical is a pioneering tech firm that is at the forefront of the global move to open source. As the company that publishes Ubuntu, one of the most important open source projects and the platform for AI, IoT and the cloud, we are changing the world on a daily basis. We recruit on a global basis and set a very high standard for people joining the company. We expect excellence - in order to succeed, we need to be the best at what we do.
Canonical has been a remote-first company since its inception in 2004. Even though we are a small company with fewer than 1,000 colleagues, we work in more than 50 countries and require an HR function that thinks and acts globally. Work at Canonical is a step into the future, and will challenge you to think differently, work smarter, learn new skills, and raise your game. Canonical provides a unique window into the world of 21st-century digital business.
You will partner with a global team and advise on HR issues across the whole employee life-cycle. You will join an energetic team of HR professionals handling all aspects of the HR spectrum across multiple teams and geographies. You will have an analytical approach, a keen eye for detail and the ability to interpret data trends and themes. This role will specifically partner with our Engineering Function and will require previous experience partnering with Engineering.
- Use your HR expertise, energy and business acumen to establish a trusted partnership with our Engineering function
- Be accountable for the talent strategy in that team
- Drive diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
- Be accountable for talent planning, succession, assessments and HR processes that drive a high performing team
- Work with senior managers across the business on performance management, organisational design, employee engagement and workforce planning
- Coach and advise managers on the full spectrum of employee relations issues across multiple countries
- Deliver precise, compliant, HR operations in a timely manner and with the highest degree of accuracy
- Partner with managers to support the delivery of appropriate training and development programs
- Deliver on business-critical HR related projects globally
- Present at Canonical events to articulate Canonical’s HR practices
Required skills and experience
- Degree qualified & HR certified
- Experience in a multicultural environment, preferably in the tech sector
- Demonstrated experience of international HR partnership at a senior level
- Able to use data to make informed decisions
- Knowledge and practical application of HR practices and employment law in a major economic area such as the US, Canada, EU, Japan
- Able to prioritise, manage time effectively and work under pressure
- Self motivated, organised, confident, and results-orientated
- A clear focus on accuracy
- Able to work in a globally distributed environment
- Fluent in business English (written and spoken)
Canonical is an equal opportunity employer
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.