As a Project Manager for Canonical’s Devices business, this role is responsible for the coordination and completion of complex customer facing projects, overseeing all aspects of project delivery and acting as the primary delivery liaison between Canonical's engineering teams and Canonical's customers. This is a high-profile technical project management position where customer relationship management and advocacy for Canonical's technical assets are strategically crucial. You will be required to create, manage, and maintain project specific schedules ensuring projects are delivered within the time/resources/scope expectations. You will be responsible for managing multiple projects simultaneously.
The Project Manager is expected to build and maintain working relationships with team members, customers, other partners/vendors, and other Canonical departments/teams. Regular preparation of project reports for management regarding status of project will be required. The role is responsible for managing the project through its complete life-cycle and ensuring that the overall goals for both Canonical and the client are met.
As a Project Manager you will:
- Successfully deliver professional engineering services for assigned projects
- Assist in the development of project statements of work
- Draft and maintain project specific schedules and project plans
- Obtain client agreement to the project schedule and agreed upon work items
- Ensure projects are delivered within time/resources/scope expectations
- Manage project risk mitigation and plans
- Drive technical issues to reach desired delivery outcomes
- Maintain daily and weekly communication with the client and all internal stakeholders
- Manage delivery schedule of critical third party deliverables for the project
- Keep management informed of the status of assigned projects
- Identify custom engineering requests that are not part of an existing business contracts
- Advocate to customers the appropriate technologies from Canonical's product portfolio
- Support different time zones and work non-traditional hours as required to support the assigned projects.
The successful Project Manager will have:
- Project Management experience in a computer oriented / technical service field with Internet connected devices
- Degree level education or equivalent, preferably in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in English and Mandarin Chinese
- PMP/PMI, or PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally domestically and internationally
- Ability to work non-standard work hours in support of a worldwide sales and project team
- Knowledge of Linux and the wider Open Source Software community would be a plus
Canonical is a growing, international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu -- the world’s #1 cloud operating system. Our mission is to realize the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services are helping businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.