What is Canonical?
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, “the world’s best free software platform”. Our mission is to realise the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services are helping individuals and businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
Global System Integrators (GSI) play a crucial role in Canonical growth plans in the coming 3 years.
Reporting to the VP Global Alliances and Channels, the GSI Alliance Director will be responsible for helping partners to thrive and grow their business with Canonical solutions and services.
Our Alliance Director will work closely with Canonical GSI partners throughout their sales cycles and across their sales organizations to facilitate ubuntu based solutions and opportunities, as well as help GSI build long term digital transformation platforms with ubuntu stacks and services.
Our GSI Sales Director is responsible for building trusted relationships with partners, increase Canonical market share and attach rate, evangelize about the partnership and lead all business interactions from engineers to CxO level. He will own the strategy, the sell-to, sell-through and sell-with motions with the GSI and will animate many customer workshops, sales event, public presentations and executive engagements.
As a GSI Alliance Sales Director you will:
- Build strategic relationships with partners at levels, and stickiness with Ubuntu technology
- Deep understanding of linux and cloud software ecosystem, and opensource selling models
- Negotiate contracts and commercial business terms
- Deep understanding of partner organizations and sales models, in particular with Global System Integrators
- Work closely with marketing, sales engineering and product management to deliver on targets, objectives and provide a voice of the partner
- Lead executive interlocks between partners and Canonical leadership team
- Ability to travel - sometimes internationally - up to 40% of the time
The successful GSI Alliance Sales Director will have :
- 15yrs+ experience in alliance or indirect sales management roles
- Autonomous, disciplined, hands-on, get-it-done mentality
- Ability to capture customer requirements, evaluate gaps, identify and create opportunities
- Passionate about Ubuntu products and mission
- Comfortable in fast-paced and high pressure environments with ambitious achievement goals
- Extensive experience with OpenStack, virtualization, containers and other Cloud technologies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.