Certification and Training Lead
Are you passionate about technical skills development, Ubuntu and open-source software? Do you want to support their wider adoption in enterprise settings? Would you like to cultivate the professional side of Ubuntu, all while setting new standards for Linux developers and engineers?
Canonical, the publisher of Ubuntu and a leader in open source solutions and services, is hiring a leader, educator, and technologist to build its developer and engineering certification programme. We’re especially interested in applicants with entrepreneurial mindsets who bring experience with, and enthusiasm for, launching and marketing educational technology products.
This role carries global responsibility for driving the adoption of Canonical certifications, improving their existing assets, and designing new content to cover all of Canonical’s expanding technology portfolio. The successful candidate will steer the strategic vision for the certification programme’s present and future, refining its current iteration while laying the groundwork for the next.
If the opportunity to take ownership of an evolving, dynamic component of the Canonical ecosystem appeals to you, then you’re someone we’d like to hear from.
As a Certification and Training Lead you will:
- Drive the maintenance, growth, adoption, and profitability of Canonical's Certified Ubuntu Engineer (CUBE) program.
- Create, manage, and maintain CUBE release schedules, ensuring delivery within the expected time/resources/scope.
- Work with learning partners and vendors to maintain, grow, and improve Canonical's certification program. This includes payment, SaaS, education materials, marketing collateral, and web presence.
- Work collaboratively with internal business units to identify and create desired learning segments.
- Maintain a high level understanding of concept and software changes between LTS releases of Ubuntu and Canonical products.
- Manage and coach members of the CUBE team.
- Set and manage expectations with key stakeholders.
- Monitor CUBE feedback to identify areas for improvement.
- Ensure the timely resolution of CUBE support cases.
The successful Certification and Training Lead will have :
- BS/BA or equivalent in Computer Science, Technical Communication, Education, Business, Marketing, or a related field.
- Experience with developing or marketing educational technology products and professional certifications.
- Knowledge of test certifications, training production, and test creation methodologies.
- Ability to rapidly assimilate technical information from a variety of sources.
- Experience managing remote teams.
- Experience in leading, managing, coaching, and mentoring people from various technical disciplines and global cultures.
- Passionate about Canonical/Ubuntu products.
- Confidence in using Ubuntu as a desktop computing platform.
- Must be flexible and enjoy working with new technology in a fast-paced environment.
Desired skills and expertise
- Knowledge of HTML, Markdown, and other documentation technologies.
- Knowledge of video creation and production.
- Experience with the Open edX platform.
- Familiarity with public cloud infrastructure.
- Some knowledge of command line UNIX/Linux.
- Experience working with OpenStack, Kubernetes, and Linux containers.
- Additional language skills.
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.