This is a leadership role for internal and cross-team process improvement based on measurement, analytics and insight.
We are seeking a detail-oriented and analytical specialist who is comfortable driving change between senior professionals based on best practice, data, and their own observations. We are not looking for a person who is limited to a Sales Ops background - the successful candidate would feel at home moving between groups at Canonical and bringing their strengths to bear on a wide range of process improvement opportunities in very different parts of the business.
This position is a senior leadership role within our Sales Operations group, one of several we have created which in Sales Ops, Engineering, Field Engineering and Technical Support. This position reports to the Global Director of Sales Operations, will work closely with our Global Head of Engagement Project Management, will collaborate with people who carry similar responsibility in other teams across Canonical, with accountability to the Chief Operating Officer.
The Chief of Staff, Sales Ops, owns continuous improvement of sales processes across all sales teams. To be successful, they will develop and apply a data-driven, scientific approach to process management and improvement. They will collaborate with others to develop and execute execution programs to drive process improvement and change sales practices and processes.
In this role you will have the opportunity to
- Develop a strategy for process improvement in Sales Ops and Sales
- Impact new, renewal and growth sales, as well as deal visibility, accuracy and flow
- Identify best practice and conduct research to develop and implement improvements
- Create data-flows and visualizations to provide insight int existing and desired sales processes
- Optimize processes by looking for and addressing gaps and inefficiencies
- Prioritize process change with data-driven decision making
- Develop and report process improvement metrics and KPIs
- Work with the Sales Operations Director and Sales/BD VPs to shape plans
- Coordinate with Marketing, Product, Finance, Legal, and Commercial Systems
Valued experience and skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational abilities
- Curiosity to dig into issues and identify opportunities for improvement
- Innovative and creative idea generation for improvements
- Data-centric approach to process evaluation and improvement
- Visualisation skill to provide insights to non-specialists
- Passion for developing systems and processes
- Focus on changes that deliver robust, repeatable and scalable outcomes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a passion for details
- Ability to work productively with peers and leadership at all levels of a global organization
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Tableau or similar CRM and data visualisation tools
Desired skills and experience
- Understanding the open source technology landscape
- Understanding the enterprise infrastructure, cloud and application software market
- Lean methodology and certification
- Change management experience
- Leadership experience
What Canonical offers:
- Learning and development allowance
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Priority Pass for travel
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, the world’s best free software platform. Our services help businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
We are proud to foster a workplace free of discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.