Ubuntu Core is Canonical's minimal, transactional platform for IoT devices - it runs a new breed of super-secure, remotely upgradeable Linux app packages known as snaps. It is targeted for leading IoT players, from chipset vendors, ODM's, large enterprises and system integrators. Key markets include: digital signage, robotics, edge and industrial gateways, automotive, manufacturing, smart buildings, transportation and energy.
The Account Development Representative (ADR) is responsible for executing a strategic account development plan to identify and create qualified sales opportunities across target accounts for the Devices Sales Team. Target accounts include leading ODM's, end-device OEM’s, and strategic multi-national companies who are building and deploying IoT devices. The ADR also manages inbound MQL/SQL lead activity, qualifying commercial interests, further developing and qualifying opportunities for device enablement, SMARTSTART packages, and professional services.
The ADR is responsible for conducting initial business discussions with technical and C-suite level executives for qualified follow-up by the Devices Sales Team. This position reports to the Vice President of Sales Devices and will have responsibility for achieving the assigned account development goals through the discussion and qualification of new IoT device opportunities.
- Assist in building and executing an APAC outreach plan which achieves the tactical, strategic and financial objectives for the assigned accounts and vertical markets.
- Be an expert about the company, industry, product benefits and features and effectively communicate the Canonical IoT value proposition, while gathering prospect needs.
- Manage early prospect relationships and interactions through all stages of the prospecting cycle; outreach, qualification and opportunity creation.
- Efficiently research accounts to identify the right contacts to approach within target accounts: device strategy groups, IoT development teams and key IoT influencers.
- Discuss corporate budget, decision-making processes, timeframe, customer goals, and key decision criteria for active projects.
- Understand the value drivers for different prospect types and deliver customized and personalized messages that offer unique Canonical perspectives specific to a prospect’s market or IoT use case.
- Work cooperatively with the Devices Sales Team to increase account penetration and overall success in all accounts
- Update all prospect interactions in Salesforce.com to ensure efficient account management.
- Develop and manage Salesforce.com reports and dashboards for KPI tracking.
- Work cooperatively with the Marketing & PR Team to coordinate personalized, multi-channel, outbound activities to target various buying personas and create new sales opportunities in various target accounts.
Required Skills and Experience
- 2-5 years ISR/SDR/ADR experience.
- Bachelor's level degree, preferably in engineering or computer science.
- Experience with technical and executive sponsors across an organization; open source and/or complex enterprise software.
- Excellent pre-call planning, opportunity qualification, objection handling, call structure and control, and time management.
- Proven track record of achieving account development targets and pipeline contribution.
- Ability to be successful support a globally distributed sales team through self-discipline and self motivation and effectively leverage all corporate resources for account success.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Detail oriented with strong and effective follow-up.
- Self starter with high energy and drive.
- IoT/Embedded ADR/SDR/ISR sales experience
- ODM sales experience
- Open Source and Linux understanding
Canonical is an equal opportunity employee
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.