Combine your Linux support and software engineering skills, passion for technology, and your general knowledge of the full stack, from hardware to application, networking, Linux and open source, to help customers get the most from their solution from Canonical. Our team provides exceptional technical support and engineering solutions to help customers with everything open source from Ubuntu Server and Desktop to OpenStack and Kubernetes.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an open source technologist who enjoys solving problems under pressure.
The main functions of this position are to:
- Apply your knowledge of Linux virtualisation using Libvirt/KVM, containers and Kubernetes along with your knowledge of TCP/IP networking to support customised solutions for our customers.
- Act as the technical authority and demonstrate your experience with popular open source software such as PostgreSQL, Corosync/Pacemaker, MongoDB, MySQL and Apache.
- Provide advice on deployed architecture, implementing solutions for complex problems and guiding customers to successful data-center infrastructure operations
- Communicate regularly with the customer team about ongoing issues
If you have a passion for the latest open source technologies, technical support, cloud-native development, data-center technologies such as Openstack, Kubernetes and networking, you will love the Senior Software Support Engineer role at Canonical.
The successful Senior Software Support Engineer will have:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Open source development or scripting experience
- Professional experience with either OpenStack, Kubernetes, Ceph and/or Ubuntu
- Must be able to speak English fluently
- Excellent communication skills and extensive experience in customer-facing positions
- High motivation, ability to multi-task and follow-up reliably on commitments
- Experience with or willingness to learn new technologies, including LXD, Snaps, MAAS, Juju and Ubuntu
- Ability to travel
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.