This is a leadership, management and skills development role, running our Americas Sales Development Representative team based in Austin, Texas. The successful candidate will be a mentoring manager - results and goal oriented - who loves to build skills and confidence in a team new to selling enterprise technology, to maximise the benefit for customers and the company.
You will enjoy this role if you are organized, persistent, friendly and hard-working. You will also need to be effective in a digital world, keeping track of plans and progress, and collaborating with colleagues to deliver for your customers. Your primary objective is to manage a successful team of 5-10 SDRs.
Canonical is the publisher of Ubuntu, the leading operating system for container, cloud, and hyperscale computing. We are professionally competitive - respectful of the competition and determined to improve until we win regularly. The majority of public cloud workloads and large-scale private cloud deployments are on Ubuntu. Ubuntu is also the preferred choice to develop and run applications such as AI or blockchain and leading in IoT with new smart gateways, self-driving cars and advanced robots being developed. Canonical provides enterprise products, support and services for Ubuntu.
Skills and experience
- Proven track record with inbound and outbound lead generation at a technology company
- Lead by example. Capable of producing better results across the board than the rest of the team
- Considered to be an extraordinary professional and performer across sales and marketing
- Process oriented. Documents processes and activities before acting
- Test oriented. Relentlessly plans and tests new ways of doing things
- Metrics oriented. Obsessed about measuring results and continuous improvement
- Prioritises high value activities to optimise overall team performance
- Carefully monitors team capacity and performance
- Identify, measure and monitor metrics and team performance KPIs
- Identify and address gaps in team talent, knowledge and processes
- Motivate, train and drive high performance in the team
Creative problem solver
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to improve performance
- Explore new ways to improve efficiency and scale the business
Understand and align with Canonical and Ubuntu
- Profound understanding of Canonical and Ubuntu products
- Develop team skill to articulate product and portfolio value
- Respect customer privacy and teach sellers to show judgement
- Embody Canonical brand values
Bachelor's degree and relevant sales experience required.