This role is about commercial leadership of Canonical's HPC and next-generation data centre offerings:
- guiding product management to ensure fitness of our platform and solutions in HPC
- building alliances and relationships with global leaders in HPC hardware and software
- shaping our content and messaging strategy for HPC, machine learning and analytics
- driving business development and sales in HPC and next-generation data centres
This role encompasses leadership of the product and go-to-market in the HPC and data centre physical operations. It requires commercial experience in the HPC market and a clear vision for the future of the sector. Commercial directors are expected to drive a business segment and be mindful of marketing, revenue generation, investment costs and delivery costs. We prefer graduate professionals with software engineering management experience who have become business executives and entrepreneurs, to define product strategy and drive engagement.
The successful candidate will have:
- Commercial experience encompassing revenue and costs
- Experience in lead generation and business development
- Familiarity with relevant hardware, software and standards
- A technical or science background and qualifications
- Proven leadership and presentation skills
- Awareness of Ubuntu and Canonical’s competition and opportunities
- Track record of data-driven decision-making
A commercial director is responsible for strategy and execution in their segment, shaping Canonical's general purpose offerings to the needs of a particular audience. Content strategy, marketing strategy, product strategy and go-to-market are part of the remit, in partnership with Canonical's marketing, product, engineering and sales leads.