Home Based - Americas
Are you a talented B2B marketer looking to help the world’s top organisations use open source to accelerate their businesses?
What is Canonical?
Canonical helps enterprises and governments lower their costs, accelerate their development and secure their IT by adopting open source. We publish Ubuntu the most widely deployed Operating System in the cloud, advanced robotics, AI and smart things.
Canonical is looking for a marketing manager to develop and deliver marketing programs to support American organisations in their migration to more modern ways of managing their infrastructure and their software.
The ideal candidate is passionate about technology, technology marketing and the use of technology in marketing. They prefer to work in an environment that emphasises ownership of campaigns, collaboration, learning, curiosity and a drive to always improve oneself / the team / the organisation. They love to problem solve, get hands on, experiment, measure and use automation to make daily life easier.
As a Marketing Manager you will:
- Be responsible for go-to-market planning and execution
- Plan, implement, measure and improve campaigns: launches, lead generation, sales generation, awareness...
- Put systems in place, monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing activities
- Organise events
- Organise webinars
- Work on paid and social media promotion
- PR / AR coordination with Comms manager
- Create and publish content (online and print) in line with marketing plans to deliver on campaigns
- Coordinate marketing campaigns with sales activities.
- Coordinate marketing campaigns with partners
The successful Marketing Manager will have :
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing / business / computer science and supporting qualifications
- A strong work ethic, and personal interests aligned with the field of technology.
- Proven analytical skills, and ability to assess opportunities and make decisions on ROI/advantages of programs & investments.
- Track record of delivering strong results and innovation in the technology area (ideally with some IoT experience).
- Growth mindset - someone who is not afraid to think big and take on risk.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves.
- Hands on experience with Salesforce and Ad platforms.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape.
- Ability to work and thrive in a self-starter, fast-paced and changing environment
- Love for diverse work assignments and for the opportunity to try new approaches and overcome challenges.
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.