Software Engineer, Cloud Integrations, Commercial Systems
Home Based - Americas
This role is an opportunity for a technologist with a passion for Linux to build a career with Canonical and drive the success with those leveraging Ubuntu and open source products. If you have an affinity for open source development and a passion for technology, then you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry at Canonical.
The commercial systems engineering team's mission is seamless access and integration to Canonical services that provide added value to the already rich open-source universe. Building a combination of home-grown systems and integration with existing open-source technologies, off-the shelf SaaS and public cloud marketplaces, the team enables sales, operations, support and delivery at Canonical to scale. As a member of the team and in cooperation with the sales operations team you will be challenged to identify, design and implement or improve internal business processes as well as improve reporting capabilities. As part of an established and fully remote team your daily tasks will be mostly focused on coding, reviewing, testing, delivery and maintenance of solutions in Salesforce. You will also be asked to provide guidance and consulting around services that are expected to integrate with Salesforce.
- Develop services, features, and enhancements, primarily in Python or Go.
- Integrate our commercial solutions with public cloud marketplaces and APIs.
- Stay up-to-date on and apply the latest developments in public cloud marketplaces, APIs and features.
- Analyze, design, implement, deploy and maintain distributed systems responsible for financial transactions and product entitlements.
- Work within a team in an agile manner on design, implementation, testing and code reviews in an iterative manner.
- Take ownership of services deployed to production that satisfy diverse interests across our company.
- Assist in meeting with internal stakeholders to help gather requirements and set priorities.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related engineering field.
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer in a high-level language.
- Proven ability to consistently deliver robust code to production.
- Experience with building and evolving distributed systems and APIs.
- Experience with developing and deploying for Ubuntu Linux in public clouds.
- Experience with integrating authentication & authorization, financial, public cloud or marketplace systems a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to collaborate remotely with a diverse set of team members and stakeholders and remain highly motivated, productive, and organized.
- Able to travel to international destinations for 1 week at a time, approximately 2-4 times per year. Locations prior to the global pandemic included New York, Seattle, London, Cape Town, Budapest, Berlin, Montreal, and Brussels.
Canonical is a growing, international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu -- the world’s #1 cloud operating system. Our mission is to realize the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services are helping businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.