Bring your enthusiasm for customer success and the modern technology stack, and build a career with Canonical helping our customers get the most out of their managed infrastructure and applications.
Canonical offers a wide range of fully managed solutions that enable customers to get the benefit of Ubuntu, OpenStack, Kubernetes and the whole open source application stack without initially having the internal skills in place to operate it themselves. These are mission-critical environments that enable our customers to be the best in their game.
As a Customer Success Manager at Canonical you will be a trusted advisor for customers across a number of industries - from telco’s running global services, to dating websites running on Ubuntu private clouds, and IT startups using our products and services as a foundation to grow. Canonical is a fast moving company on the edge of technology, and our customer success team helps customers get the latest and best services as they adapt to the needs of the market.
You are also a critical source of product feedback, telling us what is working and what isn't - so we continually improve customer experience. Our commitment to training you in cloud technologies, software development, agile, project management, devops and open source will allow you to grow your knowledge and your influence in the market.
As a Customer Success Manager you will:
- Build a relationship with customer executives and operations teams to understand their needs
- Represent Canonical in customer discussions about service offerings and capabilities
- Represent the customer to internal Canonical teams, providing the customer perspective directly
- Help customers understand the range of services they can consume and how to make the most of them
- Catch problems early and escalate awareness in Canonical quickly
- Drive retention among our customers by ensuring their awareness of our work
- Identify opportunities for expansion and growth based on their business needs
- Develop our customer success processes and materials to grow the customer success team
- Coordinate Canonical efforts to add capabilities specific to particular customers
- Engage with our training and development program to increase your own skill and awareness
The successful Customer Success Manager will have :
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 1+ years of customer success or customer facing experience
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, in English
- Good judgement in prioritization
- Strong negotiation skills
- Flexible approach, able to operate effectively with change
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally domestically and internationally (post-covid)
- Degree level education in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math)
- Second languages are a plus
- Familiarity with Customer Success goals and methodology
- Knowledge of Linux technology, understanding of IT data center architectures, server architectures, cloud technology, Openstack, Kubernetes, and/or DevOps
- Experience working with telco or enterprise customers
- Basic understanding of project management, such as Gantt chart creation and customer health status reporting
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to realize the potential of free software for businesses. Our services help businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security.
- 100% Work-from-home
- Learning and Development
- Competitive Salary
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.