Senior Software Engineer - Online Services
Home based - Americas, EMEA
This is an exciting opportunity for a software engineer passionate about open source software, Linux, and Web Services at scale. Come build a rewarding, meaningful career working with the best and brightest people in technology at Canonical, a growing international software company.
Canonical's Online Services team develops and operates the backend services that power the Snap Store, Launchpad, Landscape, and other large scale web applications supporting Ubuntu. Our services are built primarily in Python, within a bit of Golang. If you have a passion for clean APIs, have a bias towards shipping and believe that tests are the key to higher velocity and reliability, you'll fit right in.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate proactively with a distributed team
- Write high quality code to create new features
- Review code produced by other engineers
- Discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions
- Work remotely with global travel 2 to 4 weeks for internal and external events
Who you are
- You love technology and working with brilliant people
- You are curious, flexible, articulate, and accountable
- You value soft skills and are passionate, enterprising, thoughtful, and self-motivated
- You have a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
- You have proficiency developing public-facing APIs and web applications, preferably using Python and/or Golang.
- You are comfortable with Ubuntu as a development and deployment platform.
Canonical is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better platform for our users and customers. This is something we alue deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of the world of Ubuntu.