What is Canonical?
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, “the world’s best free software platform”. Our mission is to realise the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services are helping individuals and businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
We are hiring for a critical role reporting to the Sales Operations Manager. This role provides a focal point in global Sales Operations for continuous data quality improvement and ensuring orders are processed and adhere to required standards. The role holder will proactively monitor data quality and process sales orders, being mindful of compliance and associated governance. The success of the role is measured against increasing the velocity of deals and the quality of CRM data used to drive key business decisions.
- Support all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the sales function globally, including reviewing opportunities for accuracy and provisioning orders on successful closure of a deal
- Support the Sales Operations Manager in executing a plan for improving the sales data quality across the company
- Maintain metrics reporting on data quality to executive level stakeholders
- Support the Sales Operations Manager in implementing NPS surveys and defining metrics for executive level stakeholders
- Provide operational support for the sales team globally on CRM and other sales operations systems and processes
- Develop into a position of taking responsibility for delivering sales metrics and dashboards and other ad-hoc analytical tasks.
- Support the Sales Operations team in automating and streamlining elements of Lead to Order process.
Required Skills and Experience
- Qualified to degree level, with strong academic standing
- 1-2 years experience operating in a similar sales operations/sales order processing role, ideally within a technology subscription-based business
- Previous experience in driving data quality improvement
- Combining a sense of urgency with a thoughtful systematic approach, executing systems and processes that deliver robust, repeatable and scalable outcomes
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work productively with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation on a global scale.
- Ability to manage across boundaries and communicate effectively with a number of different teams including Sales, Legal, Finance, Marketing.
Desired skills and experience
- Some Salesforce knowledge and a willingness to gain Salesforce certification and build knowledge.
- Previous experience of working in fast paced sales team and striking the balance of Policing and Enabling.
What Canonical Offers
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.