Ubuntu Server - Product Manager
Home based - EMEA
An exceptional opportunity for a competitive technology leader with deep experience in Linux. This role is about:
- shaping the Ubuntu Server experience for developers and administrators
- shaping the Ubuntu cloud instance experience on major public clouds
- defining the Ubuntu based Docker container experience
- articulating the benefits of Ubuntu as a server platform
If you have a passion for technology and business, an appreciation for open source, and good communications skills, then you will enjoy a product leadership role at Canonical.
Ubuntu has become the number one Linux on public cloud, the internet of things, and on developer workstations. We have created a dedicated role to lead the evolution of our server product and kernel, to define the next generation of devops platform and innovation. Every aspect of the Ubuntu server experience is your responsibility if you are successful in landing this opportunity.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience with Linux on servers and public clouds, and with the Linux kernel as a developer. An understanding of open source dynamics around Linux distributions and the kernel is essential. A vision for a better Linux experience - for every developer and administrator - is also essential.
The successful candidate will be multi-talented, with:
- A technical or science background and qualifications
- Software engineering experience
- Extensive experience with Linux on server and on public cloud
- Business and commercial interests
- Proven leadership and presentation skills
- Personal interests aligned with the field
- Awareness of Ubuntu and Canonical’s competition and opportunities
- Strong aptitude for data-driven decision-making
- Proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape
This role requires an analytical storyteller with a strong sense of message. We prefer graduate professionals with software engineering management experience who want to become business executives and entrepreneurs, to define product strategy and drive engagement.
Product leadership at Canonical is data-driven and content-centric. Product performance is closely measured and this team participates in regular reviews with company leadership. You will join a growing team and help shape the message across our suite of products. You will create effective content to engage sophisticated technical and commercial audiences, and work closely with marketing, media, engineering, sales, research, consulting, and training teams. You will also be accountable for product go-to-market execution, marketing collateral, case studies, training, and blog posts. You will be expected to deliver measurable lead-gen and awareness.