Public Cloud Technical Alliance Lead
Home Based - Americas
Canonical is the publisher of Ubuntu. We help businesses worldwide embrace and operate open source across public cloud, private cloud and edge.
We’re seeking a technical, detail-oriented and articulate alliance lead to shape Canonical offerings on the public clouds. You'll be focused on one of the key public clouds we work with, such as AWS, Azure or GCP, working directly with product managers, engineering managers and lead designers on both Canonical and the public cloud partner sides. Your mission is to design and drive delivery of distinctive products that enable our users to do build safe, robust cloud-based applications.
This role is responsible for all aspects of Canonical products on the public cloud, from requirements definition, to partner coordination and market messaging. You will need to understand the landscape, the competition and the market. You need to be comfortable with business development to find new partners with which you will collaborate with to bring products to market.
You will enjoy this role if:
- you are interested in public cloud ecosystems and technology,
- you are keen to define exciting cloud-based products,
- you are business oriented and commercially minded,
- you are intrigued by open source and free software,
- you have an appreciation for tasteful commercial products alongside community, free offerings.
The role entails:
- maintaining a joint roadmap covering all activities with a specific public cloud platform, such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- leading the definition of each product being developed for that public cloud platform
- engaging Canonical engineering teams to refine plans and ensure delivery
- understanding the overall market and competitors
- engaging with ecosystem partners
- acting as product champion and primary contact for all product related questions and press engagements
- shaping market messaging, collateral and launch plans
Required skills and experience:
- hands-on familiarity with Linux and public cloud
- erxcellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- university degree in engineering, software, computer science, mathematics or other sciences
- the self-discipline and self-motivation to work effectively in a pure remote environment