An exceptional opportunity for a competitive technology leader. This role is about:
- shaping enterprise identity management offerings from Canonical
- enabling integration of enterprise identity with a wide range of open source solutions
- understanding identity on the web, in systems management, and in applications
- leading Canonical's work and offering strategy in the field of identity
- driving commercial success and leading product direction
If you have a passion for technology and business, an appreciation for open source, and good communications skills, then you will enjoy a product leadership role at Canonical.
This role encompasses leadership of the product and go-to-market in enterprise identity, including a range of open source identity management solutions and integration with enterprise identity systems. The field of identity and access control spans a very wide range of concepts, capabilities and products, and this person will be expected to articulate a strategy for Canonical and customers across a wide range of offerings. From Active Directory and LDAP to SSO technologies and services, OAuth, Macaroons and related access mechanisms, to RBAC and Kerberos. This is also an area of rapid change, with new cryptography and zero-trust security emerging as a key principle.
The role requires an analytical storyteller with a strong sense of message. We prefer graduate professionals with software engineering management experience who want to become business executives and entrepreneurs, to define product strategy and drive engagement.
The successful candidate will be multi-talented, with:
- Familiarity with relevant software and standards
- A technical or science background and qualifications
- Software engineering experience
- Business and commercial interests
- Proven leadership and presentation skills
- Personal interests aligned with the field
- Awareness of Ubuntu and Canonical’s competition and opportunities
- Track record of data-driven decision-making
- Proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape
Product leadership at Canonical is data-driven and content-centric. Product performance is closely measured and this team participates in regular reviews with company leadership. You will join a growing team and help shape the message across our suite of products. You will create content to engage a sophisticated technical and commercial audience, and work closely with marketing, media, engineering, sales, research, consulting, and training teams. You will also be accountable for product marketing collateral, case studies, training, and blog posts that deliver measurable lead-gen and awareness.