Ubuntu Systems Management - Product Manager
Home based - EMEA
An exceptional opportunity for a competitive technology leader. This role is about:
- product leadership of Landscape for Ubuntu systems management
- systems management across private and public cloud
- integrating relevant, best of breed open source components
- integrating with partner systems management capabilities on public clouds
- engaging with customers and partners to shape the product
- driving commercial success and leading product direction
If you have a passion for technology and business, an appreciation for open source, and good communications skills, then you will enjoy a product leadership role at Canonical.
This role requires an analytical storyteller with a strong sense of message. We prefer graduate professionals with software engineering management experience who want to become business executives and entrepreneurs, to define product strategy and drive engagement.
The successful candidate will be multi-talented, with:
- Experience in Linux administration and enterprise systems management
- A technical or science background and qualifications
- Familiarity with relevant software and standards
- Proven leadership and presentation skills
- Personal interests aligned with the field
- Awareness of Ubuntu and Canonical’s competition and tactical opportunities
- Track record of data-driven decision-making
- Proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape
Product leadership at Canonical is data-driven and content-centric. Product performance is closely measured and this team participates in regular reviews with company leadership. You will join a growing team and help shape the message across our suite of products. You will create content to engage a sophisticated technical and commercial audience, and work closely with marketing, media, engineering, sales, research, consulting, and training teams. You will also be accountable for product marketing collateral, case studies, training, and blog posts that deliver measurable lead-gen and awareness.