Home Based - Americas
Canonical delivers the market leading operating system in the Cloud - Ubuntu. The commercial systems engineering team's mission is seamless access and integration to Canonical services that provide added value to the already rich open-source universe. Building a combination of home-grown systems and integration with existing open-source technologies, off-the shelf SaaS and public cloud marketplaces, the team enables sales, operations, support and delivery at Canonical to scale.
As a member of the team and in cooperation with the sales operations team you will be challenged to identify, design and implement or improve internal business processes as well as improve reporting capabilities. As part of an established and fully remote team your daily tasks will be mostly focused on coding, reviewing, testing, delivery and maintenance of solutions in Salesforce. You will also be asked to provide guidance and consulting around services that are expected to integrate with Salesforce.
- Develop business processes and workflows primarily in Salesforce
- Work with the team in an agile manner on design, implementation, testing and code reviews in an iterative manner
- Take ownership of the CI/CD pipeline of any APEX code and deployment to production
- Collaborate with other teams in Canonical to design business solutions.
- Evaluate off-the-shelf software and SaaS products that integrate with Salesforce
- Assist in meetings with internal stakeholders to help gather requirements and set priorities
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related engineering field
- 2+ years of experience as a software developer with Salesforce
- Experience in developing and maintaining robust code and testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to collaborate remotely with a diverse set of team members and stakeholders and remain highly motivated, productive, and organized
- Able to travel to international destinations is expected for 1 week at a time approximately 2-4 times per year. Locations in the last year have included New York, Seattle, London, Cape Town, Budapest, Berlin, Montreal, and Brussels.
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.