An exceptional opportunity for a competitive technology leader. We are interested in streamlining the operations of HPC clusters, with end to end automation and super optimisation of all processes. This role is all about:
- HPC cluster operations and management
- Workload management and operations
- Benchmarking and price/performance analysis
- Network architecture, configuration, operations, optimisation
- Storage architecture, operations, optimisation
- GPU, FPGA and other accelerator considerations
- Hardware selection and tuning
- Logging, monitoring, tracing, observability and alerting
If you have a passion for high performance computing, experience in data centre physical and software operations, deep familiarity with open source and Linux, and awareness of open source community practices, then you will love this HPC product leadership role.
HPC is no longer a niche concern, but rather the engine of machine learning and analytics for business in every sector. HPC is also evolving for agility. Software defined storage and networking, hyper-converged architecture and east-west oriented fabrics are raising the bar for infrastructure resilience and capacity. Offload and acceleration is driving up efficiency for every class of infrastructure.
The successful candidate will be multi-talented, with:
- Experience in HPC operations - physical compute, network and storage
- A technical or science background and qualifications
- Software engineering experience
- Familiarity with relevant software and standards - BMCs, DNS, IPv4, IPv6, KVM
- Business and commercial interests
- Proven leadership and presentation skills
- Personal interests aligned with the field
- Awareness of Ubuntu and Canonical’s competition and opportunities
- Track record of data-driven decision-making
- Proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape
This role requires an analytical storyteller with a strong sense of message. We prefer graduate professionals with software engineering management experience who want to become business executives and entrepreneurs, to define product strategy and drive engagement.
Product leadership at Canonical is data-driven and content-centric. Product performance is closely measured and this team participates in regular reviews with company leadership. You will join a growing team and help shape the message across our suite of products. You will create effective content to engage sophisticated technical and commercial audiences, and work closely with marketing, media, engineering, sales, research, consulting, and training teams. You will also be accountable for product go-to-market execution, marketing collateral, case studies, training, and blog posts. You will be expected to deliver measurable lead-gen and awareness.