Networking - Product Manager
Home based - EMEA
An exceptional opportunity for a competitive technology leader with extensive interests in open source networking. This role is about defining the approach to networking across all Canonical products, and will cover:
- Physical networking technology for DC networking
- Clos fabric design, implementation and management
- Open NOS offerings like SONIC, Stratum, Cumulus
- Hardware acceleration like SR-IOV and SmartNICs
- SDN elements like OVS, OVN, ONOS and Trellis
- Open networking initiatives like the ONF, CORD
If you have a passion for network technology and business, deep familiarity with Linux networking and awareness of open source community best practices, then you will enjoy a product leadership role at Canonical.
This role is about shaping the experience and the tooling associated with networking across all Canonical products. It is also about leading engagements where networking is a central theme. The open source network stack is redefining what’s possible in the industry. From eBPF in the kernel to FRR, from open source NOS offerings to smart NICS, from P4 to OVS and from TIP to ONF, the networking sector is going open source. We see an opportunity to help customers embrace the newest capabilities in open source networking in partnership with major industry players from silicon to services.
This role requires an analytical storyteller with a strong sense of message. We prefer graduate professionals with software engineering leadership experience who want to become business executives and entrepreneurs, to define product strategy and drive engagement.
The successful candidate will be multi-talented, with:
- A technical or science background and qualifications
- Software engineering experience
- Business and commercial interests
- Proven leadership and presentation skills
- Personal interests aligned with the field
- Awareness of Ubuntu and Canonical’s competition and opportunities
- Track record of data-driven decision-making
- Proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape
Product leadership at Canonical is data-driven and content-centric. Product performance is closely measured and this team participates in regular reviews with company leadership. You will join a growing team and help shape the message across our suite of products. You will create effective content to engage sophisticated technical and commercial audiences, and work closely with marketing, media, engineering, sales, research, consulting, and training teams. You will also be accountable for product go-to-market execution, marketing collateral, case studies, training, and blog posts. You will be expected to deliver measurable lead-gen and awareness.