Robotics Product Manager
Home based - EMEA
An exceptional opportunity for a competitive robotics technology leader. This role is about defining Ubuntu as a robotics platform:
- enabling ROS developers to deliver high quality secure robots
- enhancing the developer experience for robotics innovators
- articulating benefits to companies designing and operating robots
- engaging with hardware companies to enable better robots
If you have a passion for technology and business, an appreciation of open source, and good communication skills, then you will enjoy a product leadership role at Canonical.
ROS, and software more broadly, is the key ingredient for differentiation in the robotics market. Computer vision, navigation, voice processing, safety, machine learning and sensor processing are all software-defined capabilities that are must-haves in new robotic products. Canonical’s Ubuntu is the platform of choice for robotics entrepreneurs and innovators. We have created a dedicated role to lead our products in the field of robotics, shaping the experience of researchers, product creators and those who operate fleets of robots.
The successful candidate will be multi-talented, with:
- Experience of robotics including ROS and related software components
- A technical or science background and qualifications
- Software engineering experience
- Business and commercial interests
- Proven leadership and presentation skills
- Personal interests aligned with the field
- Awareness of Ubuntu and Canonical competition and opportunities
- Strong aptitude for data-driven decision-making
- Proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape
This role requires an analytical storyteller with a strong sense of message. We prefer graduate professionals with software engineering management experience who want to become business executives and entrepreneurs, to define product strategy and drive engagement.
Product leadership at Canonical is data-driven and content-centric. Product performance is closely measured and this team participates in regular reviews with company leadership. You will be accountable for product go-to-market execution, marketing collateral, case studies, training, and blog posts. You will be expected to deliver measurable lead-gen and awareness.
You will join a growing team and help shape the message across our suite of products. You will create effective content to engage sophisticated technical and commercial audiences, and work closely with marketing, media, engineering, sales, research, consulting, and training teams.