Ceph and Linux storage - Product Manager
Home based - EMEA
An exceptional opportunity for a competitive technology leader familiar with Linux storage, technology and operations. This role is all about:
- Ceph for block, file and object storage
- Network storage capabilities over iSCSI and NFS
- Data lake storage technology and implementation
- Linux storage performance benchmarks and analysis
- Linux filesystem evaluation and selection
If you have a passion for tech and business, an appreciation for open source, and good communication skills, then you will enjoy a product leadership role at Canonical.
Software-defined storage has become essential for large-scale data operations. Linux filesystems, Ceph, object storage and big data document storage are significant drivers of on-premise infrastructure. We have created a dedicated role to lead product strategy and commercialization for storage on Ubuntu - from the server storage experience, to performance benchmarking and optimisation, to large-scale operations tooling, this leader will define the experience of enterprise and developer users of Ubuntu from a storage perspective.
The successful candidate will be multi-talented, with:
- A technical or science background and qualifications
- Extensive experience with open source storage technologies and operations
- Software engineering experience
- Business and commercial interests
- Proven leadership and presentation skills
- Personal interests aligned with the field
- Awareness of Ubuntu and Canonical’s competition and opportunities
- Strong aptitude for data-driven decision-making
- Proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape
This role requires an analytical storyteller with a strong sense of message. We prefer graduate professionals with software engineering management experience who want to become business executives and entrepreneurs, to define product strategy and drive engagement.
Product leadership at Canonical is data-driven and content-centric. Product performance is closely measured and this team participates in regular reviews with company leadership. You will join a growing team and help shape the message across our suite of products. You will create effective content to engage sophisticated technical and commercial audiences, and work closely with marketing, media, engineering, sales, research, consulting, and training teams. You will also be accountable for product go-to-market execution, marketing collateral, case studies, training, and blog posts. You will be expected to deliver measurable lead-gen and awareness.