Ubuntu Core - Product Manager
Home based - EMEA
An exceptional opportunity for a competitive technology leader. This role is about guiding Ubuntu Core, the fully containerised, minimal, embedded Ubuntu, for users on the cloud as a minimal container OS and on devices as an embedded Linux.
- defining the embedded Ubuntu user experience
- defining the cloud container host experience
- engaging silicon providers to optimise Ubuntu Core for their capabilities
- understanding the industrial, automotive, telco and retail sectors
- shaping consumer experiences of Ubuntu connected devices
If you have a passion for technology and business, an appreciation for open source, and good communications skills, then you will enjoy a product leadership role at Canonical.
Linux has emerged as the platform of choice for innovators and inventors for software-defined industry 4.0, across a wide range of applications. Ubuntu has gained widespread adoption and Canonical has created Ubuntu Core to address challenges such as device security, application consolidation, and enterprise management for an era of autonomous, smart, connected devices.
This role encompasses leadership of the product and go-to-market in the embedded sector. It requires an analytical storyteller with a strong sense of message. We prefer graduate professionals with software engineering management experience who want to become business executives and entrepreneurs, to define product strategy and drive engagement.
The successful candidate will be multi-talented, with:
- Experience with Linux on a range of boards and devices
- A technical or science background and qualifications
- Software engineering experience
- Familiarity with relevant software and standards
- Business and commercial interests
- Proven leadership and presentation skills
- Personal interests aligned with the field
- Awareness of Ubuntu and Canonical competition and opportunities
- Track record of data-driven decision-making
- Proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape
Product leadership at Canonical is data-driven and content-centric. Product performance is closely measured and this team participates in regular reviews with company leadership. You will join a growing team and help shape the message across our suite of products. You will create effective content to engage sophisticated technical and commercial audiences, and work closely with marketing, media, engineering, sales, research, consulting, and training teams. You will also be accountable for product go-to-market execution, marketing collateral, case studies, training, and blog posts. You will be expected to deliver measurable lead-gen and awareness.