Embedded Linux - Product Manager
Home based - EMEA
An exceptional opportunity for an exceptional and competitive technology leader.
If you have a passion for technology and business, experience in embedded software engineering, deep familiarity with open source and Linux, and awareness of open source community leadership best practices, then you will love the embedded Linux product leadership role at Canonical.
As the world is moving to software-defined industry 4.0, Linux has emerged as the platform of choice for innovators and inventors across a wide range of applications. Embedded Linux is almost universal as the OS of new devices. Ubuntu has gained widespread adoption and Canonical has created a new line of services and capabilities that address primary challenges such as security and management for an era of autonomous, smart, connected devices.
This role encompasses leadership of the product and go-to-market in the embedded sector. It requires an analytical storyteller with a strong sense of message. We prefer graduate professionals with software engineering management experience who want to become business executives and entrepreneurs, to define product strategy and drive engagement.
Product leadership at Canonical is data-driven and content-centric. Product performance is closely measured and this team participates in regular reviews with company leadership.
You will join a growing team and help shape the message across our suite of products, with a particular focus on embedded devices, silicons, standards, protocols, services and equipment providers. You will create effective content to engage sophisticated technical and commercial audiences, and work closely with marketing, media, engineering, sales, research, consulting, and training teams.
You will be accountable for product go-to-market execution, marketing collateral, case studies, training, and blog posts. You will be expected to deliver measurable lead-gen and awareness.
The successful candidate will be multi-talented, with:
- A rigorous technical or science background and supporting qualifications
- Software engineering management experience
- Experience in the embedded Linux market
- Familiarity with relevant software and standards
- Business and commercial interests
- A proven history of leadership and presentation skills
- A strong work ethic, and personal interests aligned with the field
- Awareness of Ubuntu and Canonical’s competition and tactical opportunities
- Track record of data-driven decision-making
- Proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape