Engagement Project Manager - APAC
Engagement Project Manager
Thailand - Work from home.
Canonical Engagement Project Managers are responsible for project success that enables technical cloud managed service sales. We are looking for a customer facing, team player who lives in Singapore to fully own/drive/communicate projects and navigate complex engineering solutions. This role requires demonstrated timely, precise and thorough communication skills. We anticipate and solve problems working with and managing internal business partners, external partners and customers, engineers, engineering managers, sales engineers, sales executives, cloud architects, consultants, legal, sales operations, external third parties, executives, and anyone and everyone necessary to define, control, execute, and close everything in a project. The Engagement Project Manager will own, drive and communicate until the project succeeds and so that it succeeds. Within a portfolio of projects with complex and changing technologies, customer and partner satisfaction is only possible with an exceptional Engagement Project Manager.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Successful delivery of professional engineering services for assigned projects in line with agreed statement of work.
- Draft and maintain project specific schedules / project plans and all necessary Project artifacts.
- Obtain client agreement to the project schedule and agreed upon work items.
- Ensure projects are delivered within the time/resources/scope expectations.
- Manage project risk mitigation and plans.
- As needed, maintain daily and weekly + ad-hoc communication with the client and all interval stakeholders via email, chat, video meetings or other means.
- As needed, manage the delivery schedule of critical third party deliverables for the project
- Keep management informed of the status of assigned projects.
- Effectively manage customer relationships for projects.
- Advocate to customers the appropriate technologies from Canonical's portfolio.
- The candidate will be expected to deliver upon a very broad range of Ubuntu based projects.
- The candidate will be expected to support different timezones and work non-traditional hours as required to support the assigned projects.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, in English.
- Japanese and Chinese dialects are a plus.
- Extensive experience successfully managing projects with cross-cultural and multi-continent internal and external project resources, preferably with resources in Europe, Asia, and the Americas.
- Strong communicator who is comfortable in a customer facing role managing complex enterprise technical projects.
- Strong leader and problem solver with extensive experience building successful internal and external partnerships and effective working relationships with demanding project sponsors in complex organizational environments.
- Self-starting professional who “makes things happen” with experience, successfully anticipating issues and risks and effectively managing project stakeholders to work together as a team to resolve issues.
- Fundamental understanding of the five project management process groups and full accountability to continuously stay on top of the known triple constraint (or project management triangle).
- Excellent understanding of and ability to manage key shared (non-dedicated) technical and business stakeholder roles and responsibilities in service delivery projects. This includes internal business partners, external partners and customers, engineers, engineering managers, sales engineers, sales executives, cloud architects, consultants, legal, sales operations, external third parties, other technical managers, executives, etc.
- Expert at Gantt chart creation, project status reporting, and fundamental understanding and utilization of Project Management tools in support of project management activities.
- Familiarity with using ERP or time and labor systems for project cost analyses.
- Experience managing projects with Linux/UNIX technology components (Support, Development, Implementation),
- Understanding of IT data center architectures, server architectures, cloud technology, OpenStack, Kubernetes are preferred.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- 5+ years of project management experience in a computer oriented / technical service field.
- Degree level education, preferably in a technical or problem-solving field.
- PMP/PMI, or PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification preferred.
- Able to thrive in a changing organization and, as such, is also a change agent, able to work with the project management group Director and other PMO team members/managers to modify and improve his/her own roles and responsibilities as well as suggest other stakeholder improvements.
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally domestically and internationally.
- As an experienced leader must have the ability to be extremely effective and manage project team members to also be productive in a globally distributed team.
- Ability to work non-standard work hours in support of a worldwide sales and project team
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option