In this high-profile position, customer relationship management and advocacy for Canonical's technical assets are crucial.
This role is an opportunity for a technologist with a passion for Linux and Project Management to build a career with Canonical. If you have an affinity for software, great communication skills, and a passion for technology, then you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry at Canonical.
Public Cloud Program Managers provide account leadership and insight for Canonical’s key Tier 1 Enterprise Public Cloud accounts. This role will collaborate with individuals from Engineering through Senior Level Executives.
As a Public Cloud Program Manager, you will manage multiple blue chip company projects simultaneously. Working with all stakeholders, you will shape the SoW or similar agreements with our clients, manage projects through their life-cycles, ensuring the overall goals for both Canonical and the client are met.
Periodic international travel is required. Travel amount and duration will vary based on company and program requirements.
Public Cloud Program Manager key responsibilities:
- Ensure programs and projects are delivered within the schedulescope, risk /issues, cost/budget and resources expectations
- Maintain strong customer focus and work with all key stakeholders to achieve successful outcomes
- Assist senior management with contract negotiations and development of a project statement of work and RFI/RFP response
- Conduct regular status meetings and business reviews with customers and provide direction when needed
- Manage the delivery schedule of critical third party deliverables for the project
- Identify and manage cross organization engineering requests that are not part of existing business contracts.
- Advocate to customers the appropriate technologies from Canonical's portfolio
Required skills to be a successful Public Cloud Program Managers:
- Proven background in IT Cloud industry as a, development manager, program/project manager, agile software manager or scrum master
- Deep understanding of Linux, Open source, and the Public Cloud space
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in a STEM discipline
Nice to have skills:
- Experience as an enterprise Project/Program Manager or experience as a scrum master.
- PMI or equivalent certification preferred
- End-to-end project management experience in a technology field preferred
Canonical is a growing, international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu -- the world’s #1 cloud operating system. Our mission is to realize the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organizations. Our services are helping businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
- Learning and development
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
- Parental leave
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.