Technical Engagement Program Manager for Public Cloud
Technical Engagement Program Manager, Public Cloud - Seattle, Home based
The Technical Engagement Program Manager will provide account leadership and insight for Canonical’s key Tier 1 Enterprise Public Cloud accounts. The Technical Program Manager will be in daily contact with customers in addition to project and program management activities. This role will collaborate with individuals from Engineering through Senior Level Executives. This is a high-profile position where customer relationship management and advocacy for Canonical's technical assets are strategically crucial.
What is Canonical?
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, “the world’s best free software platform”. Our mission is to realise the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services are helping individuals and businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
As a Technical Engagement Program Manager, you will:
As the Technical Engagement Program Manager, you will work with all stakeholders in the development of project statements of work (SoW) and requirement specifications or similar business documents between Canonical and our custom engineering clients. You will manage multiple blue chip company projects simultaneously. You will manage projects through their life-cycles, ensuring the overall goals for both Canonical and the client are met. Periodic international travel is required. Travel amount and duration will vary based on company and program requirements.
Technical Engagement Program Manager key responsibilities
- Ensure projects are delivered within the time/resources/scope expectations
- Draft and maintain project specific schedules/project plans
- Manage project risk mitigation and plans
- Assist in development of a project statement of work and RFI/RFP response
- Conduct weekly status meetings and quarterly business reviews with customers for assigned projects.
- As needed, manage the delivery schedule of critical third party deliverables for the project
- Identify and manage engineering requests that are not part of existing business contracts.
- Advocate to customers the appropriate technologies from Canonical's portfolio
Required skills to be a successful Technical Engagement Program Manager:
- Proven background in IT Cloud industry as a developer or development manager
- 10 years + as an enterprise Project/Program Manager
- Deep understanding of Linux, Open source, and the Public Cloud space
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Strong technical negotiation skills
- Degree level education in a technology field
- PMI or equivalent certification preferred
- Seattle area preferred but not required
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and Development
- Free Individual Health Insurance
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.