Field Sales Representative
Home Based - San Francisco
Ubuntu is the fastest growing Linux distribution, with over 20 million users globally. Our goal within the Sales and Business Development division is to take the Ubuntu OpenStack Cloud platform to Telcos and Managed Service providers at large scale.
Canonical provides commercial support, consulting and training services to customers who are deploying Ubuntu, but also supports partners and technical staff to provide best practices and guidance across their projects.Ubuntu is the most widely deployed OS in the cloud space, and a leader in both public and private cloud deployments.
The individual selected for this role will have responsibility for achieving the assigned annual quota through the sales of Ubuntu Advantage Cloud products and Consulting services. The individual should be able to prospect target accounts for new business, maintain an existing territory of business as well as work with our inside sales team for account penetration. This is a hunter sales role.
This individual must be comfortable selling open source, cloud, virtualization, and technical software solutions to all levels of a wide cross section of organisations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Provide technical assistance to the sales team and partners
- Exceed, quarterly and annual bookings target for subscriptions and services through the sales of the Ubuntu Advantage product set.
- Carry out business development activities to develop the pipeline for the territory.
- Annual Revenue goal $1.5 Million +
- Build execute and maintain a territory plan which achieves both strategic and financial objectives for the assigned region.
- Manage customer relationships and interactions through all stages of the sales cycle.
- Maintaining accurate data and forecasts within the Salesforce CRM system for the assigned territory.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in all customer accounts.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers expectations.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors level degree education, preferably in a technology field.
- A least 4 years or equivalent field experience in software or technology sales.
- An understanding of Open Source, Linux and Ubuntu technology.
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets.
- Detail orientated with strong follow-up skills.
- Strong negotiating skills with ability to close sales.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to be productive in a globally distributed team through self-discipline and self-motivation.
- 4 years external sales experience or equivalent. Ideally selling software infrastructure solutions or tools.
- Strong sales track record within the enterprise software or services markets selling complex software solutions. Open source experience would be an advantage.
- Experience of working in an early stage start up would be an advantage. Must be a self starter with very high energy.
- Excellent presentation skills (written and verbal) and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Will have a mature and sensible approach to long-term relationship development with customers.
- Energy and passion.
- The ability to represent the company at any number of external events and make us stand out.