Inside Sales Representative
Office Based - Austin, TX, USA
What is Canonical?
Canonical is a fast moving, international software company that delivers Ubuntu, an operating system for devices, desktops and cloud. Ubuntu underpins innovation from startups to giants, and Canonical shapes that platform and its possibilities for the global market.
The Inside Sales Representative finds, grows, nurtures and follows up on inbound leads with a goal of either qualifying these leads to opportunity and then closing them or working them to close with a field sales representative.
The Inside Sales Representative is a hunter and seeks to grow a pipeline, initiating outbound emails, LinkedIn and cold calls to net new customers and/or prospects to identify and qualify leads. The successful rep will identify BANT qualified opportunities in different markets.
As an Inside Sales Representative, you will drive forward and expand the Open Source business (Cloud, OpenStack, Bootstack, and our tooling). You will work closely with field sales representatives and sales management to implement national and regional sales plans, to support introduction of new products and to achieve assigned quotas and targets.
The successful Inside Sales Representative will have:
- 1-2 years Inside Sales and/or SDR experience
- Openness to coaching and learning
- Prospecting/Territory Planning experience
- Presence and command of a room
- High volume and successful past cold calling experience
- Proven track record of over achieving sales targets in a metrics-based environment
- Belief that they can help their customers
- Sales Methodology (Preferred: Sandler, Carnegie, Axiom, Challenger)
- Strong change agility
- Ability and willingness to learn about Linux and Ubuntu technology
- Tech knowledge/background
- Good working knowledge of cloud, network architecture, products, industry and enterprise customers
- Past open source experience (preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D and FSA (starts Day 1)
- 401K (starts Day 1)
- 529 Savings Plan