Senior Sales Operations Analyst
Home Based - Americas
What is Canonical?
Canonical is a fast moving, international software company that delivers Ubuntu, an operating system for devices, desktops and cloud. Ubuntu underpins innovation from startups to giants, and Canonical shapes that platform and its possibilities for the global market.
We are hiring for the critical role of Senior Sales Operations Analyst. This role partners with sales, marketing, product management, delivery, finance and legal teams to proactively create conditions where more deals move through the sales process quickly, whilst maintaining control of product selection and pricing. Being mindful of producing information to be used by the Executive team to monitor performance against strategic plans, the Senior Sales Operations Analyst provides insight to aid the decision making and planning processes.
- Design and implement processes to accelerate onboarding and ramp processes for sales joiners globally
- Deliver sales process training programmes, improving sales productivity and engagement through training delivery and content
- Own and improve the quarterly sales compensation design, planning and processing cycle using technology decisions
- Use Tableau and CRM data to guide and measure enablement programmes that accelerate sales growth
- Become a valued partner to regional sales leaders across Canonical
- Support the day-to-day operations of the sales function globally, managing the flow of opportunities through the funnel
Required Skills and Experience
- Qualified to degree level, with strong academic standing, ideally in a finance, mathematics, computer science or a business-related discipline
- 3-5 years experience operating in a similar sales operations role, ideally within a technology subscription-based business
- Track record of providing insight through a combination of solid CRM, CPQ, analytics and sales compensation systems and processes
- Demonstrable ability to lead complex initiatives, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence
- Ability to combine a sense of urgency with a thoughtful systematic approach
- Ability to execute systems and processes that deliver robust, repeatable and scalable outcomes
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work productively with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation on a global scale
Desired skills and experience
- Certified Salesforce Administrator, or equivalent experience and willing to gain certification
- Demonstrable experience of providing effective training
- Experience with BI tools (Tableau) and CPQ (Salesforce/Dealhub)
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.